Join us for an eclectic array of original art by 100 leading artists, live music and more as Market Street in Celebration Town Center will once again be transformed into an outdoor art gallery. The city’s annual signature spring art festival returns April 20 – 21, 2013, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. One hundred leading artists from around the country will have their finest work on display and for sale.
The artists, juried by an independent panel of expert judges, are hand-selected from hundreds of applicants based on quality and diversity. The artwork is original and handmade in America. All artists will be on site for the duration of the show, available to discuss their art and inspiration. The artistic media include paintings, life size sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, mixed media and much more with prices set to suit all budgets.
The festival makes the arts accessible to a broad audience with prices ranging from $25 hand-designed earrings to $30,000 metal sculptures. The event appeals to people of all ages as a free and fun weekend activity, as well as art enthusiasts and serious art buyers looking to add to their collections.
Be sure to enter to win the beautiful shino glazed vase by artists, Don and Cristina Williams. Don threw the vase on the potters wheel. After bisquing, the work is glazed with shino glaze, and ancient Japanese glaze unchanged for centuries yet always a little different in each firing. After glazing, the piece is then painted freehand with another glaze by Cristina. The vase is fired for about eight hours to 2300 degrees and after cooling for two days the kiln opened to discover the mystery of the firing.
Don and Cristina have worked together for 13 years and their process is always evolving in the success of their art career. They are from St. Petersburg, Florida. For more information, visit www.dmwpottery.com.
At A Glance:
- Juried outdoor art showcase
- Original Art Handmade in America
- 100 artists from 30 different states
- Prices set to suit all budgets – ranging from as little as $25 to $30,000
- Artists hand-selected by independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
- All artists on site for duration of festival
- Vast array of artistic media: Paintings, Life Size Sculptures, Photography, Ceramics, Glass, Wood, Handmade jewelry, Collage
- April 20 & 21, Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Market Street in Celebration, FL (701 Front St. Celebration FL 34747)
- Free admission