Siesta Fiesta, a highly anticipated annual tradition in this popular arts destination, celebrates its 35th anniversary this year. This outdoor juried event will feature 250 of the nation’s leading artists and crafters as well as superior local and regional talent. The artists will line Ocean Boulevard with their professional display booths while the crafters will display their unique and affordable crafts throughout Siesta Key Village for a sidewalk craft fair. All artists and crafters will be present for the duration of the show, available to discuss their work and inspiration. Ocean Boulevard will be closed to vehicular traffic starting at Ocean and Canal and running through to Beach Road. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Siesta Key Village Association. Admission is free and open to the public.
Festival patrons can register to win a 12″ x 18″ gallery wrapped print of “Day at the Beach” by participating photographer Linda Mayes, valued at $85. Linda’s goal is to evoke the imagination and perception of everyday images and places through her photography, which is a collage of the beauty she finds hidden amidst the visual chaos of everyday life. She welcomes the opportunity to meet and speak with art enthusiasts and potential investors about her work. To learn more about Linda and explore her gallery visit her website at www.lindamayesphoto.com. Registration will take place at Linda’s booth on Saturday during festival hours and on Sunday until 4:00 pm when the drawing will take place. No purchase is necessary to participate in this giveaway.
- 35th Annual Siesta Fiesta
- April13 & 14, Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Ocean Boulevard & Beach Road in Siesta Key Village
- GPS: 5124 Ocean Boulevard, Sarasota, FL 34242
- Free Admission
- Juried outdoor art showcase
- Original Art & Crafts – Handmade in America
- 250 artists from 30 different states
- Prices set to suit all budgets – ranging from as little as $25 to $30,000
- Artists and crafters hand-selected by independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
- All artists and crafters on site for duration of festival
- Green Market featuring exotic plants and orchids, body products and gourmet spices, jams, dips and spreads
- Vast array of artistic media including paintings, sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, mixed media
- Variety of craft media including folk art, pottery, personalized gifts, handmade clothing, basket weaving, beaded utensils, candles, cork assemblage, fabric design, fiber quilts, fused wax & glass, hair accessories, handbags & accessories, handmade cards, leather, mosaic, wood, painted wood, plaster craft and stained glass
- Art Festival Giveaway: festival patrons will have the opportunity to register to win a 12″ x 18″ gallery wrapped print of “Day at the Beach” by participating photographer Linda Mayes, valued at $85. Registration will take place at Linda’s booth on Saturday during festival hours and on Sunday until 4:00 pm when the drawing will take place. No purchase is necessary to participate in this giveaway.