San Marco Boulevard will once again be transformed into an outdoor art gallery showcasing the work of leading local, regional and national artists this weekend on April 6 – 7, 2013. Come and enjoy paintings, life size sculptures, photography, glass, wood, jewelry, collage and ceramics. All of the artwork is original and handmade in America, with prices ranging from $25 hand-designed earrings to $30,000 metal sculptures. This two-day juried event will not only feature a wide array of artwork, but also live music and a free art giveaway by Spoon.
Participating artist Whitney Summerford, known as Spoon, will be debuting three new original paintings at the festival. Art fair patrons will have the opportunity to register at Spoon’s booth to win one of her originals. “Twenty-One Elephants” is a 20″ x 24″ framed original acrylic, valued at $350, commemorates the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge. As the story goes, in order to prove that this engineering marvel was stable, P.T. Barnum famously led a menagerie of circus animals including twenty-one elephants across the bridge. No purchase is necessary to participate in this giveaway. The drawing will be held a 4 p.m. on Sunday.
Spoon, inspired by her architectural training and a love for historical context, enjoys weaving rich narratives into every painting she creates. Her keen awareness of how the mind processes spatial relationships, combined with an ability to abstractly convey subjects through mass and void, yields dynamic compositions that change depending on the viewer’s proximity and angle. Pieces in her unique style of minimalistic pointillism can be found in the hands of collectors all over the country. To explore her work go to www.artworkbyspoon.com.
- Saturday & Sunday, April 6 – 7, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Located at 1971 San Marco Boulevard Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Free Admission
- Juried outdoor art showcase
- Original Art Handmade in America
- 100 artists from 30 different states
- Prices set to suit all budgets: ranging from $25 to $30,000
- Artists are hand-selected by an independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
- All artists are on site for duration of festival
- Vast array of artistic media: including paintings, sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, mixed media
- Free Art Festival Giveaway: “Twenty-One Elephants” a 20″ x 24″ framed original acrylic painting, valued at $350 – Registration will take place at Spoon’s booth on Saturday during festival hours and on Sunday until 4:00 pm when the drawing will take place. No purchase is necessary to participate in this giveaway.