The 5th Annual Downtown Venice Labor Day Weekend Craft Festival is descending on the sleepy little town of Venice in South Florida on Aug. 31- Sept. 1. The best crafters in the nation have been selected by American Craft Endeavors to share their work in this unique outdoor event featuring craft pieces of all types. Whether you’re looking for jewelry or pottery, sculptures or metal pieces, there is bound to be something for everyone. And what better weekend to choose than Labor Day weekend?
Craft Festivals: Their Unique Value
Whether they last a day or three, craft festivals, especially those produced by American Craft Endeavors, are truly one-of-a-kind events for many reasons:
- They give families a unique opportunity to discover interesting new work by talented crafters and artist that they would have otherwise not been exposed to.
- They allow patrons to meet those crafters and talk to them about their craft.
- They give patrons the chance to purchase high-end creative pieces in a relaxed, fun environment.
The Downtown Venice Labor Day Weekend Craft Festival is one of the most exciting yearly events in Venice, for these reasons and more. After all, where else can you go to meet fine crafters from all over the country, purchase beautifully handcrafted art that’s made in the U.S.A., and enjoy the sights and sounds of a breathtaking little beach town while interacting with other craft and art enthusiasts? The best part is that, no matter what your budget — whether $3 or $3,000 — you are bound to find something amazing that you will love, be it a lovely pair of earrings or a gorgeous metal sculpture.
Enjoy Crafts the Right Way
There’s a lot to discover and enjoy at events like the Downtown Venice Labor Day Weekend Craft Festival. Here are some tips for you and your family to minimize stress and maximize your fun at this and every craft festival:
1. Stay hydrated. One minute, you’re eyeing an amazing ceramic pot. Next minute, you’re ready to pass out from dehydration. Florida’s tropical climate combined with dehydration certainly can put a damper on your enjoyment. Carry a water bottle with you and be sure to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day.
2. Wear comfortable shoes. A pair of comfy shoes can make a world of difference when you’re on your feet for several hours. Also, make sure you wear comfortable clothes that allow your pores to “breathe.”
3. Avoid heavy traffic by arriving at the venue early in the morning or late in the afternoon. These are usually the times when craft festivals are the least crowded. Bonus tip: Sundays are generally the busiest days, so plan your visit on a Saturday to increase your chances of better traffic overall.
4. Be sure everyone’s cell phone is fully charged and designate a meeting spot in case your group gets separated. It happens all the time: One person gets distracted and suddenly people spend the rest of the day looking for each other, missing all the fun. Don’t let this be your story. Charged cell phones can help you find each other quickly, but having a designated meeting spot in case someone gets lost ensures that you have all of your bases covered.
5. Talk to the artists and ask questions. Our craft festivals are special; they allow you to come face to face with the artist, ask questions about their process and learn how you can be a lifelong fan and how you can inform others about the artist’s work. Don’t be afraid to get to know them, get their brochures and business cards, and keep up with them in social media.
Join us at the 5th Annual Downtown Venice Labor Day Weekend Craft Festival, happening August 31 & Sept. 1 on Miami Avenue in beautiful Downtown Venice from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.. Admission is free and open to all ages. Learn more about the Downtown Venice Labor Day Weekend Craft Festival as well as many other upcoming events at www.artfestival.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 561-746-6615 for more information.