You’ve just spent a wonderful day checking out over $15 million of fine art pieces by local and national artists at the Alexandria King Street Art Festival. You’ve enjoyed learning about different types of art, stocked up on fall decorations for your home and got an early start on your holiday shopping with some beautiful art pieces. Now you’re ready for some evening fun. What can you do?
What to Do After the Festival
Alexandria’s mix of historic scenery and modern flair make the town an ideal weekend getaway destination, so even after the Alexandria King Street Art Festival has closed down for the evening, there are still plenty of options for you and your family or friends to enjoy your visit. Here are five things you can do to cap off the day when you’re done at the Alexandria King Street Art Festival.
* Theater-loving families should visit the Old Town Theater and catch Once Upon A Time Shop, a children’s musical playing at the historical venue Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. You and your little ones are sure to enjoy this tale set in a clock shop in the early 1900s.
* Couples looking for a fun, intimate evening alone should visit the Carlyle Club, a supper club just a short distance from the King Street Metro Station. No membership necessary for you to enjoy the fine entertainment and decadent cocktails in an intimate atmosphere.
* If you and your friends enjoy comedy, head on over to the Little Theatre of Alexandria for this weekend’s showing of Caught in the Net, the story of a London cab driver with dual predicaments. Shows play nightly at 8 p.m.
* Music lovers should not pass up the opportunity to check out a show at the legendary Birchmere music hall. This weekend, catch bluegrass ensemble Steep Canyon Rangers and another bluegrass group, The Seldom Scene, on Saturday.
* Up for a more active adventure? Stop by Shadowland Laser Adventures and play a little laser tag! Whether you have kids or are a big kid yourself, Shadowland is bound to be an exciting experience.
About the Alexandria King Street Art Festival
Regardless what your tastes are — in art or in things to do — the Alexandria King Street Art Festival has something for everyone. Come discover spectacular paintings, life-size sculptures, jewelry, photography, ceramics and more as over 150 artists from all areas and walks of life come together to celebrate artistic expression and cultural diversity. From the $3 bargain shopper to the $3,000 art connoisseur, everyone will find that one piece that speaks to them. Who knows? You may find ten!
TWO Chances to Win at the Alexandria King Street Art Festival!
Every year, festival patrons have the chance to win original artwork. This weekend, there will be two winners at the Alexandria King Street Art Festival! One of the winners will win a 24” x 48” limited edition Giclée print on canvas of “Virginia Landscape” by Kathleen Green (www.kathleengreenart.com), valued at $595. The second, a custom framed 18″ x 26″ print of “Magical Horizon I” by Cheryl Summers (www.artistcherylsummers.com), valued at $300. The prizes will be on display at each artist’s booth throughout the weekend where registration will also take place until 4:00 pm on Sunday when the winning tickets will be drawn. No purchase is necessary to participate in the giveaways.
Come join us at the Alexandria King Street Art Festival happening Saturday Sept. 7 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday Sept. 8 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.. Admission is free and open to all ages. Learn more about the Alexandria King Street Art Festival as well as many other upcoming events at www.artfestival.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 561-746-6615 for more information.