It’s hard to believe that the end of summer is almost here – it feels like it was just yesterday that summer began! As kids start school again and life gets busy, it’s important to remember that the arrival of fall doesn’t have to mean we stop having fun. Fall weekends are a great time to spend time with friends and family, and what better way to enjoy that family time than to check out an American Craft Endeavors craft festival?
This weekend, head to beautiful downtown Venice in Florida for the 6th Annual Downtown Venice Craft Festival, happening Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 6-7 from 10AM to 4PM. With free admission and all ages welcomed, you and your family can easily learn why the Downtown Venice Craft Festival is one of the year’s highlights for this vibrant Florida town.
• Walk the streets of this picturesque Florida treasure as you enjoy the handcrafted, one-of-a-kind work of some of the country’s most talented crafters and artists.
• Meet the crafters who work diligently to bring you some of the most beautiful pieces you will ever see, all while sharing special moments with family and friends.
• Plus, with handcrafted items made in the U.S.A. to suit even the tightest of budgets, you can get a handle on your Christmas shopping early on!
The crafters chosen to participate in American Craft Endeavors events are some of the most exciting, gifted artisans in the U.S. Whether you’re looking for jewelry, ceramic work or photography, there is always something for everyone at every ACE show, and this weekend’s event extravaganza in Venice, Florida, is no exception. Here are some of the artists you’ll be able to meet at the 6th Annual Downtown Venice Craft Festival.
• Learn about photographer and artist Vicki Hudson‘s eye for color and light with her unique digital art. Hand-painted black and white prints come alive as Vicki’s brush delicately color the world in her photography.
• Make a fashion statement with EarArt by William and Gissell Barbour. Ear pins, ear cuffs and toe rings beautifully handcrafted with semi-precious stones, gold and silver wire and even Swarovski crystals make for an original and breathtaking gift.
• Melanie Cech’s unbelievable glass creations are the perfect addition to any home. With an easy hand and an eye for detail, Melanie brings sea creatures to life using bright and bold colored blown glass.
• Capture the spirit of summer year-round with clothing creations by Kristin Meek. Beautiful, flowing creations that recall the sand and surf of summer days are brought to life with soft fabrics and colorful prints.
• Don McCullough’s thought-provoking pewter art sculptures make ideal gifts for friends who love interesting and expertly crafted conversation pieces. From ladybugs to divers, there is no subject this unique and talented sculptor won’t tackle.
What are you waiting for? Get ready to make the trip to beautiful Venice, Florida, this weekend for the 6th Annual Downtown Venice Craft Festival! Need more info? Check us out online at www.artfestival.com or become part of our social media communities on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter!