Guess what, friends! We’re just a few days away from the 15th Annual Downtown Stuart Craft Festival! It’s the perfect way to spend a fall weekend, especially now that Florida temperatures have dipped a little bit and you can really enjoy the crisp air. We don’t know about you, but we can’t wait to pull out our favorite pair of jeans, grab a cozy long-sleeved top and head to this beautiful Treasure Coast community.
The best part about these wonderful American Craft Endeavors craft festivals (aside from the camaraderie and the fun and the entertainment and the weather and the…well, you get the picture) is the incredible surge of talent that will be joining us. Crafters from all over the U.S. will be selling their pieces and getting to know fans of their work, both old and new. This is a great time to celebrate local and national artisans while snagging some one-of-a-kind pieces, whether you’re adding something special to your collection or getting ready for holiday gift-giving.
Not sure where to get started on your search for the perfect Stuart Craft Festival gift? Here are some ideas to get you started.
• Love beautiful, vibrant art? Don’t miss Alina Eydel’s booth. Her work is truly exquisite and her story about how she and her family immigrated to the U.S. from the Ukraine is fascinating too. Find out about the technique she has coined “mosaic on canvas.” Learn more about Alina and her work at her website.
• Fans of sculpture must visit Scot Buccina’s booth. The smooth finish on his stone artwork just begs to be touched. Not only does Scot create his own unique masterpieces, but he is available to restore damaged sculptures as well. Don’t toss a valuable piece of art! Get Scot’s opinion and expert advice before you do anything. To learn more, visit his website.
• Are you a pet lover? No one knows doggie and kitty fashion like Kaysea and Matthew Bruce, owners of the adorable Pugs To Persians accessory store. From pretty to whimsical, Kaysea and Matthew’s cute collars and pet accessories will no doubt make an impression on the animal lovers in your life. They even have some cute Halloween accessories to go with those pet costumes you’ve been eyeballing. Seriously cute stuff. Make sure to check them out at the festival and on their Etsy store!
• If you’re looking for a unique gift for the steampunk lover in your life, check out Randy Giamporcaro’s breathtaking jewelry creations from The Busted Hourglass. Get in gear with necklaces, earrings and bracelets that serve as timeless conversation pieces no matter what occasion you wear them to. Go see him at the Downtown Stuart Craft Festival this weekend and check out his website to learn more.
• Nature lovers will be amazed at what Mike Awalt, metal artist and owner of Dimensional Copper, can sculpt with just a few pieces of metal. From turtles to cranes, Mike captures the essence of Florida’s natural landscapes and its animal residents with works of three-dimensional copper art that amaze with depth of color and intensity of detail. Whether you’re a longtime art lover or just now discovering art, Mike’s pieces are a perfect example of what an ACE craft festival is all about. Check him out in Stuart this weekend or visit his website.
Here’s another reason to attend this weekend’s Downtown Stuart Craft Festival. As part of October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, ACE has partnered with the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer care center in Florida, to bring awareness to one of the biggest killers in the country. Many of our participating crafters have agreed to create breast cancer awareness-inspired pieces, with proceeds from the sale of those items going to the Moffitt Cancer Center. In addition, we ask that you join us in supporting families around the world who are dealing with breast cancer in some form or another by wearing pink to the festival. Take a picture of yourself at Stuart and post it online with the hashtags #ThinkPink and #ACECraftFest, and help us spread the word about this important cause.
So, what are you waiting for? Make plans to be at the 15th Annual Downtown Stuart Craft Festival this weekend and join us in welcoming fall! Admission as always is free and open to the public, and all ages are welcome.