The new year continues to bring us lots of joy and excitement — so many great shows so far! Thank you all for making Howard Alan Events art festivals a celebrated tradition in places like Las Olas, Delray Beach and Boca Raton. We couldn’t do it without you!
This weekend, we celebrate another festival tradition, this time in Sarasota — the 12th Annual St. Armands Art Festival! For over a decade, we’ve been bringing fine artists to the residents of Sarasota, in a fun and relaxing outdoor atmosphere.
Live music, food and entertainment complement the festival’s eclectic vibe, and over 100 of the best artists in the U.S. join us for a weekend of excitement and fun. Here are some of the reasons our festivals are beloved all over the country:
- All ages are welcome. With a family-friendly atmosphere that makes it possible for young and old to learn about the virtues of fine artistry, our HAE festivals make for a delightful time spent with loved ones.
- Learn about all kinds of different art. Have you ever been curious about oil painting techniques or metal working? What has piqued your curiosity about jewelry creation? No matter what your favorite art medium is, artists are on hand to happily share their process, answer your questions, and even get you to take some art home.
- Pieces for all budgets. We know the holidays left many of you sort of strapped. That doesn’t mean that you can’t go to a Howard Alan Event and not bring anything home you love. In fact, with pieces that range in price from $3 to $30,000, you are sure to find something to remember your favorite artist by.
- Relaxing, outdoor fine gallery — free of charge! We really pride ourselves on being able to make art accessible to everyone, free of charge. It’s what makes us so successful! You can experience the thrill of fine art gallery showings outside, against the relaxing backdrop of beautiful venues, and all you have to do is show up. We give you an amazing gallery experience, and the opportunity of a lifetime to meet working artists who produce work you’ll love for years to come.
- Featured Artist Giveaway. Of course, we can’t forget the Featured Artist Giveaway, a popular attraction to our festivals. Each show, we feature one of our talented participating artists and we give patrons the opportunity to win a piece by them to take home. All you have to do is show up, visit the artist’s booth and enter! No need to purchase anything, but you need to be at the show to enter the drawing.
This weekend’s Featured Artist? Martin Figlinski. This supremely talented Florida native hails from the Panhandle area. He comes to South Florida this weekend to share his love of nature through gentle and beautiful depictions of our Gulf Coast, his longtime inspiration. With many years under his belt, this gifted oil painter gives a voice to Florida’s majestic coast through paintings like the one he’ll be giving away this weekend, “Morning Calm.” Don’t forget to visit his booth for your chance to win!
Check out these other must-see artists at the St. Armands Art Festival this Saturday and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in gorgeous St. Armands Circle!
Orna Amrani, oamrani.com. The work by this Judaic artist, hailing form Haifa, Israel, is a marvel to behold. Her three-dimensional pieces inspired by Judaic figures, history and life are reverent, peaceful and thoughtful depictions that touch admirers of all faiths.
Pam Fox, pamfoxjewelry.com. This Sarasota artist brings her inventive and intricate metal jewelry designs to St. Armands. Designs that appeal to the most discriminating jewelry collector make Pam’s work — particularly her spheres — extremely fascinating.
Richard McCollum, spootch.com. This craftsman left a career of 20 years to pursue his real love, and it shows. His handcrafted, functional kitchenware designs, largely made of cherry wood, bring a unique personality and vibe to any kitchen.
Ken Orton, kenorton.com. This English painter from Birmingham has been painting since childhood and studied — as well as taught — art throughout Europe. His brand of photo-realistic oil paintings are simply unmatched, and his work is a must-have for any serious collector.
Don’t miss this weekend’s wonderful 12th Annual St. Armands Art Festival — we look forward to seeing you there! Stay tuned to us on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and don’t forget to share our social media channels with friends and family so they can stay informed as well. Let’s reach 30,000 likes on Facebook, too! That’s our main source of social media interaction! Share away!!!