As American Craft Endeavors moves through the spring craft season straight into summer, we’re all about sharing the joy of crafting with our patrons. This Saturday and Sunday, we’ll be sharing that joy with the folks in Stuart, Florida, as they gear up for the 18th Annual Downtown Stuart Craft Fair. For two days, patrons will have a chance to meet talented crafters and take home one-of-a-kind handcrafted treasures to cherish forever.
Believe it or not, attending craft festivals is not just about crafts. Of course, there will be many gifted craftsmen and women who will be sharing their talents and hopefully making something that you can take home for yourself or someone you love. But there are many reasons why you might consider spending time with us this weekend in Downtown Stuart. Let us give you five reasons why this weekend’s Downtown Stuart Craft Fair is not to be missed:
• Meeting the crafters. Sure, we may have people in our lives who already craft. But expanding our horizons is all about getting out there and meeting new folks with similar interests, and the craft fair is a great place to do that. Meet people like ceramics crafter Tammy Frand or dog accessory creator Peter Lakiotis and check out their fun pieces. Talk to folks like the wonderful potter Alec Ervin and textile artist Rosalind Rich about their creative process. Become a fan of unique crafters like Joni Berte and Bill Lohnes.
• Spending quality time with family. Nothing gives family more of an opportunity to bond than to spend a day checking out interesting, cool, and fun crafts for everyone — and we do mean, everyone! From children’s books to pet accessories, from kitchen wares to jewelry and apparel, someone in your clan will find something they love at a reasonable price.
• Enjoying the scenery in a quiet Florida town. Stuart is a quaint, charming location that boasts restaurants, shops and lots of local flavor. Getting to know this sweet little corner of Florida is just one of the many benefits of attending this craft fair.
• Getting your exercise. That’s right! If a daily walk is part of your routine, this can be a fun and different way to get your exercise done. Bring a buddy, wear your walking shoes and exercise in style as you check out crafts.
• Supporting local business. Our crafters are small business entrepreneurs who enjoy serving their community. What better way to show your support than to attend a craft fair and give them your business? When local business owners do well, the community does well too.
Come see us this weekend from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the 18th Annual Downtown Stuart Craft Fair, a longstanding tradition in this wonderful Florida nook. Stay tuned to our Facebook for more information on crafters and crafting, and check out our show calendar on www.artfestival.com for info on upcoming shows.