They say it’s better to give than to receive and so this weekend we dare you to go to the 6th Annual The Villages Craft Festival at La Plaza Grande and buy nothing for yourself—only for others! It’s a daunting task and we’ll ask you to make no promises. But try. As you walk by the vendors, crafts men and women, and artists of various media … think about WHO would simply love THAT? You don’t have to give it to them right away. Although, no special occasion is really the best time to surprise someone with a gift. You can save it, hidden away in a special place until that next birthday, anniversary or holiday.
At the wide variety of booths you’ll have the opportunity to meet:
- Judy & Bob Wolfe, who create fine art made out of gourds
- Carol Regan, who makes “the perfect pocketbook” with her unique inner lining design
- Randy Giamporcaro, who designs jewelry for steam punk aficionados
- Reggie Arsenault, maker of all-natural, wicked hot sauce
- Saverio Costanzo, a member of the close-knit family of artists who make up Mosquito Mud Pottery
So, hop on your golf cart (if you have one) or drive on over to The Villages this weekend! Remember: the goal for this weekend’s shopping is giving to OTHERS. And, don’t forget, Mother’s Day is next weekend! We’d love to see what treasures you found—please share with us on Facebook or Instagram! Keep it a secret who it’s for and keep your loved ones guessing. @CraftFestivals #ACECraftFest