It’s hard to believe that the end of summer is almost here – it feels like it was just yesterday that summer began! As kids start school again and life gets busy, it’s important to remember that the arrival of fall doesn’t have to mean we stop having fun. Fall weekends are a great time to spend time with friends and family, and what better way to enjoy that family time than to check out an American Craft Endeavors craft festival?
This weekend, head to sunny South Florida for the 18th Annual Lauderdale by the Sea Craft Festival, happening Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 12th – 13th from 10AM to 5PM. With free admission and all ages welcomed, you and your family can easily learn why the Lauderdale by the Sea Craft Festival is one of the year’s highlights for this vibrant Florida beachside town.
• Walk the streets of this picturesque Florida treasure as you enjoy the handcrafted, one-of-a-kind work of some of the country’s most talented crafters and artists.
• Meet the crafters who work diligently to bring you some of the most beautiful pieces you will ever see, all while sharing special moments with family and friends.
• Plus, with handcrafted items made in the U.S.A. to suit even the tightest of budgets, you can get a handle on your holiday shopping early on!
The crafters chosen to participate in American Craft Endeavors events are some of the most exciting, gifted artisans in the U.S. Whether you’re looking for jewelry, ceramic work or photography, there is always something for everyone at every ACE show, and this weekend’s event extravaganza in Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida, is no exception.
Here are some of the artists you’ll be able to meet at the 18th Annual Lauderdale by the Sea Craft Festival. We are excited to welcome a few brand new crafters to our family this weekend!
- Paul Cortez of Bonsai Operations joins us for his first ACE show. His hobby of learning bonsai care soon turned into his life’s passion and he now offers his experience and knowledge with those whom who share a similar love for trees. “A tree is Alive. In my world it represents life. Treat your Bonsai with respect; it depends on you for everything.” P. Cortez
- Vicki and Michael Burns also have a love of trees, only they bring that passion to life by representing the tree of life in their jewelry designs, known as “In the Now Designs.” Many of their unique designs feature Swarovski crystals and other precious stones. “I believe the Tree of Life symbolizes that we are all rooted in love, from there we grow and adapt to ever changing seasons. There is a perpetual expression of birth, rebirth and connection that parallel the human experience. ” V. Burns
- Photographer Aram Hovsepian learned to appreciate the beautiful moments in life and to take nothing for granted. His stunning photographs capture that gratitude and offer us a fresh perspective on things we may pass by on a normal basis. Aram enjoys sharing his photography with the masses because he feels that it’s a unique way of communication. “Our minds remember images and these images evoke different emotions such as anger, elation, sadness, joy, depression, excitement etc. Lots of things we see on a daily basis, such as the news; already provide us with feelings of adversity.” A. Hovsepian
We would also like to introduce you to a couple local crafters!
- Based out of Fort Lauderdale, local crafter Donald Boudreau has a special place in his heart for the beauty and unique qualities of tropical hardwoods. Don creates boxes made from the wood that he has collected around the globe. No dyes or stains are used; only the natural state of the wood is visible through the hand buffed oil and wax finish.
- Barbie Pearson grew up as a child on Key Biscayne and Coral Gables, living the “island life-style.” Exotic world travel during the summers connected these world experiences to the children she taught, bringing relevance and significance to a career she loved. Now living in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and having retired from a 35-year teaching career, Barbie is pursuing her passion, sharing her art-photography, with nature’s designs, wildlife, travel, hearts, cultural lifestyles and more, thus capturing life’s art on the “canvas” that awaits us. Photo art cards, matted prints and framed art are available at many fine local Fort Lauderdale hotel resorts and historic places.
What are you waiting for? Get ready to make the trip to beautiful Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida, this weekend for the 18th Annual Lauderdale by the Sea Craft Festival! Need more info? Check us out online at www.artfestival.com or become part of our social media communities on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter!